Best Climbing Harness for Beginners of 2018: Complete Reviews with Comparison
As a beginning climber, you will find that shopping for the best climbing harness can be overwhelming and it could end up being costly if you buy the incorrect harness.
Different types of climbing require different types of climbing harnesses, so it is best to know which type you will need.
We have put together a list of the Top 5 best climbing harnesses for beginners that will ease the pressure and make purchasing your climbing harness as easy as 1,2,3.
Top 5 Best Climbing Harness for Beginners Comparison Chart
Best Climbing Harness for Beginner Reviews
1. Xben Portable Climbing Harness
The Xben portable climbing harness is actually not a climbing harness at all but a safety belt. Safety belts are versatile and easy to use, making them the perfect choice for household use. What is great about this one is that it is adjustable to fit most sizes.
The belt has a flexible fall-arrest system and can easily adjust to fit waists between 32"-50"; this is great for general use around the garden and home as anyone can use it and you are not restricted to one user. It has a weight limit of 200 kg, a breaking strength of 22KN; the total width of the belt is 4.2 cm.
The Xben features a special buckle and adjustment system that adds to the safety of the harness and makes it a breeze to adjust. As this is a safety belt it would be more suited for household use and is not recommended for rock climbing or other extreme climbing activities. The design is basic yet effective and will get the job done.
- Side D rings ,compact,lightweight and portable design : Easy to wear and adjust . protect belt will hold and sustain you at a specific work location such as rebar tying, tower maintenance , wall-form work safety harness ,ladder work belt , trees climbing harness etc
- Durable polyester construction protective harness ,High tensile strength ,abrasion resistance ,low friction coefficient
- Fit for the waist 32" - 50" , your family can use same body belt , safety escape equipment for household prepared
- Weight limited:200KG ,breaking strength 22KN，width of the belt :4.2 cm ；waist support ：13x60x0.9 cm (5.2 x 24x 0.36 inch )
- Air permeability waist belt ,sweat-absorbent and comfortable
2. Klein Tools Tree Climbing Harness
This climbers kit is manufactured by top hand tool and equipment manufacturer Klein Tools. They have been firm favorites in the market for many years and are renowned for their top-quality tools.
They have kept the tradition alive with the attention to details and high-quality workmanship of the tree climbers kit. The tree climber kit may have a hefty price tag, but it is worth every cent and more.
It is a well-designed, well-made, top-of-the range tree-climbing kit that is made using only high-quality materials. It is made with high-grade leather climber pads that have been designed to ensure maximum comfort for the climber.
The gaffs have been made extra-long to give maximum penetration when climbing to help avoid slipping and falling. The climbers are adjustable, so they can be used by more than one person.
The extra wide 113 mm stirrups, together with the contoured leg irons, provide greater foot support and comfort. The recommended combined body, clothing, and tool weight is 300 lbs. or less.
While the tree climber will help you get to the top of the tree, you will also need a climbing harness and tree strap to keep you safe while you are busy working. All the parts are easy to find and are replaceable. The gaffs can be sharpened to ensure perfect penetration with every step.
- 8-Inch x 8-Inch (203 mm x 203 mm) cushioned, high-grade leather climber pads for maximum comfort
- Neoprene-impregnated nylon climber straps for long-lasting life
- Secure sleeve and leg iron connection. Two slotted hex-head bolts with lock washers and barrel-type nuts join the steel sleeve and leg iron together
- Steel split ring secures ankle strap in place and allows for quick replacement
- 4-7/16-Inch (113 mm) wide stirrup provides greater foot support
3. EDELRID Fraggle II Children's Climbing Harness
Climbing is a sport that is enjoyed by many people of all ages and many kids love the thrill of climbing. The Fraggle II allows kids to also enjoy the sport safely in a colorful full body climbing harness. Kids from as young as 10 months old have safely used this climbing harness.
The full-body climbing harness can take up to 40 kg. The entire harness is fully padded for maximum comfort and stability. The tape loops cannot twist and get all tangled, so kids can easily put it on by themselves.
At the back of the harness, there is a second loop; this comes in very handy when kids can climb on their own but are too light and get stuck on the way down as it allows you to lower them down.
It is available in XXS and XS and is suitable for kids up to 88 lbs. The XXS has a waist of 15.7-19.7 inches and a max leg loop of 14.6 inches. The XS has a waist of 19.7-25.6 inches and a max leg loop of 18.9 inches.
Kids love the colors of the Fraggle II climbing harness and can’t wait to try it out. The climbing harness can be used indoors on climbing walls or outdoors for some more serious rock climbing. Your children will be overjoyed to be able to join you on your climbing trips.
- PINT-SIZED ADVENTURERS: The Fraggle II is a child's full body harness, designed to stay secured to the little ones whose hips are not yet defined. Features a high tying in point, level with the chest, to help prevent your child from inverting
- CHOICE FIT FOR YOU CHILD: Available in XXS and XS and is suitable for kids up to 88 lbs. The XXS has a waist of 15.7-19.7 inches and a max leg loop of 14.6 inches. The XS has a waist of 19.7-25.6 inches and a max leg loop of 18.9 inches
- WHINE-FREE FUN: With an ergonomic design and 3D mesh padding, your tiny tyke will be secure and comfortable during their entire climb
- ADVENTURE ANYWHERE: The Fraggle II includes a back attachment point that can be used for climbing, support on steep terrain, or to guide a child while skiing
- BUCKLE-UP SAFELY: Features 2 Slide Block buckles that keeps the child protected and helps the harness to stay in place
4. Mad Rock Mars Climbing Harness
As one of the best entry-level climbing harnesses available, the Mars package includes the Mad Rock Mars harness, kangaroo chalk bag, and small loose chalk. A comfortable and great looking climbing harness with adjustable leg loops and waist belt.
The Mars harness features a classic three-buckle harness with auto-lock buckles, the ample comfortable padding his far superior to its competitors. The padding is on the waist belt and legs loops.
The padding has air pockets which provide extra breathability and comfort. A perfect all-around harness for all types of climbing that will give you maximum comfort even over long periods of time.
It comes in 5 sizes – XS, S, M, L, XL – so you should easily find one that will fit you perfectly. The black and grey are a perfect color choice that enhances the sophistication of this harness. It is made from synthetic materials and features two gear loops.
- Packaged with Mars climbing harness, kangaroo chalk bag, and chalk ball.
- Classic three-buckle harness with all the galactic features.
- Adjust waist & leg loops
- Harness Weight: 1.2lbs
- Chalk bag includes waist belt.
5. Lewong Chest climbing harness
No climbing outfit is complete without a universal hands-free chest harness Bag from Lewong. Climbing is a dangerous sport and with so many dangers lurking you need to be prepared for anything.
The ability to communicate quickly and easily with rescue personnel in a crisis could easily save your life. The problem is that you need to keep your hands free to climb and you don’t want to carry unnecessary backpacks either.
The Lewong chest communications harness is ideal for rescuers and responders such as fire and rescue, and all other emergency service personnel. If you are out climbing, hiking, camping, biking or fishing, the hands-free functionality is exactly what you need.
It has space to fit two radios securely and a nice sized pocket in the middle that can hold a lot of different things such as a flashlight, gloves, paper, pen and much more. The lapel pocket has zippers on the inside for you to safely store valuable and important items such as a cellphone and identity documents without the risk of them falling out.
It is constructed out of durable nylon material and has an adjustable strap, so it will fit most sizes. It is strong, durable and easy to use. It has clear fluorescent markings on the front and back making you more visible at night. It is a lightweight chest harness that is suitable for men and women.
- This radio chest pack ddd clear fluorescent bands and gray stripe harness on back;easy to identify in dark environment
- Both pockets adjust in length and girth;so you can put your primary radio on either side
- Lapel pocket with zips in inside so that you can put important goods such as cellphone and document
- Chest Pocket Pack Bag Adjustable shoulder straps;suitable both men and women
- Durable nylon material and 45 days without reason return;just try
The Mad Rock Mars Climbing Harness is a firm favorite. The fact that you are getting a great quality harness and extras for one affordable price is fantastic.
The padding on the Mars harness is far superior to that of its competitors giving you ultimate comfort. The adjustable leg loops and waist belt allow you to get the perfect fit. The colors are great and overall, it is a great entry-level climbing harness.
If you are only looking for a climbing harness to do tree pruning or roof work at home, then the Xben safety belt may be the best choice for you. It has a basic design and is easy to use.
The waist belt is adjustable, so it can be used by everyone in the family, and it also has a very budget-friendly price tag. No matter what your needs any of these harnesses reviewed here could easily be the next best climbing harness for you.